LET ME COACH YOU FOR FREE!!

Friday, April 13, 2012

Tweak It!

I was stuck. My goal weight, for some time now, has been 190 pounds, and I had been stuck a little above 200 for weeks. I usually weigh myself once a week, for the scale is not our friend, and every time the numbers leered back - 201, 204, 205, 202, 203, 206, 201 - a seemingly endless progression of the device laughing "Ha Ha! Not this time! Thanks for playing and we'll see you next week!"

My eating and diet had been pretty good. My training had been going great guns. So I thought and said to myself, "Self, " says I, "its got to be something you're doing and not noticing." And then I did something radical. I started to pay attention to the little things I was doing everyday that I assumed were fine and were probably the culprit. Enlightenment followed.

I love coffee. I drink coffee everyday. And, no, I didn't stop drinking coffee but...no matter the amount of coffee I was drinking I would put in 2 tsp of sugar. 22oz or 8oz or anwhere in between - 2 tsp of sugar. So I cut that down to 1 tsp (because I'm NOT going to stop putting sugar in my coffee).

The next weigh-in? 196 lbs.

The long winded point of this is simply to be aware. One little thing you can tweak in your diet or training could lead to gains in muscular size, a drop in weight, the breaking of a pleateau, or even the discovery of a new and better way of doing things. I thought I was dead-on but 1 tsp of sugar was the source of the hang up. Last scale day I was at 193 so it's working.

Think about where you can make a small adjustment and see what happens!

Just one little tweak can make a huge difference.

Joe

1 comment:

  1. Great point Joe! It's The Slight Edge proven: A small step forward makes progress, even it it seems insignificant.

    Nothing is insignificant; a small step forward or a slight error in judgement. Both have consequences eventually that you can't see right away.

    You've made the positive step, on the success curve brother!

    ReplyDelete