LET ME COACH YOU FOR FREE!!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Monkey See, Monkey Do

I'm sure by now we all know the basic principles behind doing the P90X, or Insanity, etc programs - put in the DVD, push play, and follow along. You lose weight, get in shape, change your life...well, the benefits are astounding.

However...you sort of have to do the exercises the way they're doing them on the screen! If you're supposed to do 1-2-3's, don't just run willy nilly from side to side! If you're supposed to do knee/back kick with the right leg don't do a knee with the left and a side kick with the right!

Well, you get the idea. One of the things you hear a lot in these programs is "Form is fundamental." It's true. Do it right to prevent injury and make the greatest strides in your personal health and fitness. I understand if you can't straighten your leg because you're not very flexable (like me), or, heck, even have one leg, but Shaun T (Mr. Insanity) has said, "Don't tell me you can do 100 switch kicks and then be doing them wrong!"

So try to do the moves as best you can.

Monkey out!

Joe

1 comment:

  1. GREAT post! I've had form drilled into me since high school with our strength coach on the football team. For that reason, I'm pretty uptight about my form while doing my workouts. It's certainly gotten me some pretty good results!

    ReplyDelete