LET ME COACH YOU FOR FREE!!

Friday, August 29, 2014

What I Believe I Do.

I'm a Beachbody Coach.

That just means I'm an online fitness coach for Team Beachbody. We're the people who create and distribute home-based workout programs like P90X, Insanity, Focus T25, P90X3, 21 Day Fix, and a host of others. Unless you've abstained from television for the last 5 or 6 years, you've seen the infomercials at all hours of the day and night.

So, yes, I sell fitness programs. We also have supplements, equipment, workout apparel and Shakeology, what I think is the best health shake of it's kind on the market today. (It's a dense daily dose of superfood nutrition, you know!)

But that's the surface of things. I was thinking about this a few days ago and then the other day read this quote by John Maxwell in his book "Everyone Communicates, Few Connect" - When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment, you create trust. That's a great quote. It's something to live by. But then I realized something -

I don't sell fitness products. I sell hope.

People come to me and want to get into shape. They want to get healthy. They want to feel better, have their clothes fit better, be more comfortable in their skin. I tell them they can. Not because I want them to buy some workout or drink, but because I know it. I believe it. I did it and, really, I'm nothing extraordinary (I am adorable, however) and I know that if I did it so can they.

It will take work on their part. I know they can do it. It will take sweat, a little confusion, a lot of swearing at the trainers on the tv but I know they can do it. I believe it.

I believe in them before they believe in themselves. I have hope. I have enough hope so that they'll begin to hope to. "That this time it will work." "This time I'll stick with it." "My coach believes I can do it." "He has hope...now I do to." "I trust him."

That's what I do. I sell hope.

And I just realized I'm completely wrong. I don't sell hope.

I give it away. And I think that makes me a pretty rich fella.

No comments:

Post a Comment