LET ME COACH YOU FOR FREE!!

Monday, September 22, 2014

I Say Hypocracy or #boycotteliteseating

First off, I have to give a couple of disclaimers here, as follows, in no particular order.

I love being a Beachbody Coach and by extension the Beachbody company. I've met the greatest people, made incredible lifelong (I hope!) friendships, and throughout have helped a lot of people reach some incredible goals and have grown personally as well. The company itself is simply focused on helping people reach their health and fitness goals so they may lead healthy, fulfilling lives. They've done it without compromise which shows in the incredible quality of their products. Of course, there's stuff I don't agree with but that's true with any company. (And that's the subject of another blog!)

I respect and admire the leaders in the company. I've met most of them and they are probably the most genuine and...well, nice people you'd ever want to meet. Even if you're not part of their team, organization, or downline coaches, everyone I've run into is happy to answer questions, give advice and tips, and just plain want to help. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule but I haven't experienced it!

Now the meat and potatoes.

Invariably, at the annual coach Summits or at big meetings throughout the year, awards are given, people are recognized, accolades are showered. And please believe me, I am in no way begrudging anyone's success. They worked hard to get where they are. But, what kills me, they get up and say, "I would never get here without my team" or "My team worked so hard" etc. etc. Meanwhile the team is cheering away for them while they pass the box of tissues around to wipe their noses cause they're sitting in the nose-bleed section while you walk down 5 steps and sit in the roped off floor seats. Again, you worked hard to get there but when you say it wouldn't be possible without your team...

If your team is good enough to get you there, aren't they good enough to sit with?

It shouldn't bother me, but it just angers me to no end! I know you have meetings with them, you'll take a few to dinner, I know you know each and everyone of them, their names, what they do, what they want. You'll hang out with them and then go sit in the "I'm a Star" section, separate but not equal.

Again, I know you worked hard but when you say you couldn't do it without them, then go sit without them...well...I call shenanigans. If you're getting an award, or being called on stage or what have you, sit with your team, then go down a few minutes before you have to go up there, get your whatever, then sit with your people. I challenge you to do so.

For my part, I state now and for the record, whatever rank I achieve, whatever award I may receive, that I will not sit in elite seating for any longer than it takes me to accept it. If they're good enough, worked so hard to get me there, then those are the people I want to be with. Nose-bleed section? I'll supply the tissues.

Oh...and #boycotteliteseating

No comments:

Post a Comment