LET ME COACH YOU FOR FREE!!

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I Remember Why Insanity is called Insanity

I decided to do the Insanity workout again about a month ago, just before the 2014 Beachbody Coach Summit, so I could build up my stamina and endurance to keep up with those young whipper-snappers in the group workouts. It worked! I'm 54, felt 24, unfortunately I feel so good I think I still look 24, which explains the odd looks from the hot, young, fit, Beachbody ladies. (I'm sure they were wondering why is this guy as old as my dad talking to me like that!?!)

When I returned I decided to just keep on trucking and finish a round of Insanity. It's only 4 more weeks after all. Yes...4 more weeks of the MAX workouts. Each about an hour long. Each a sweatfest. Each trying to kill me.

I'm only a couple of days in and have burned a total of over 1900 calories. It's amazing to me that one can burn that many calories simply by being on their knees in their garage workout space, in a pool of their own sweat, repeating over and over, "I can't breathe!" Did I mention I'm 54?

Well...I'm in it now. I often say there's no quit in me. I realize that, while I may never be able to finish one of the workouts in its totality with out pausing it, watching the DVD with a "you want me to do what now who?" expression on my face, and stopping to get more water, at the end of this month I'll probably be in much better shape than I was at the beginning. And that consistency will pay off.

But I swear when I see Shaun T in person, I'm gonna smack him in the head!

No comments:

Post a Comment