LET ME COACH YOU FOR FREE!!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Inspiration

Over the July 4th weekend I was at the 23rd Gaufest held this year in Orlando, FL. The Gaufest is a gathering of Bavarian folk dancing groups from all across North America where they dance, go to classes, compete, and its possible a few glasses of beer are consumed. There was also a wedding reception and a couple of other conventions going on at the same time, one of which was the Florida Institute of the Blind.


It was amazing to be among several hundred blind individuals. Every single one of them out and about, moving through this huge hotel (I was in room 11124...yes, 11,124!) without fear. I dodged a few canes, got out of the way of a few dogs, and pointed a few people in the right direction but for the most part, the people were on their own.


I became a bit emotional, realizing how good we have it. Many people have told me I'm an inspiration. I suffered with a terrible disease, had my colon removed and my insides reconstructed and reconnected. I'm fine...it was temporary. It was the hand I was dealt. But these blind folks were lightyears beyond me...and everyone that I talked to was cheerful, happy and just plain nice.


It was very inspirational...at least to me. So remember how lucky we are that we can do what we do. I'm lucky to be able to talk to each and every one of you. I'm lucky to be some small part of your journey. I'm lucky I was inspired to keep on keepin' on. Just plain lucky!

Joe

TONY HORTON AND THE P90X KIDS
in
THE CASE OF THE MISSING SHAKEOLOGY
          BANG! BANG! BANG!
          Tony dived for cover behind the overflowing dumpster, the bullets ricocheting off the steel canister and the brick walls of the alley. He rolled to his knees, peering out from the temporary safety of the filthy container, now possibly the most beautiful thing he’d ever seen.
         “C’mon out, Mr. P90X! I got more for ya!” the clown cackled, his voice rising in pitch. His white and red painted face turned to the red-haired girl on his right and, with a sideways jerk to his head, motioned her down the alley. “I ain’t gonna hurt ya none…I’m a happy kind o’ clown,” he called out, his insane laughter echoing through the night.
          Tony sat back on his heels, rubbing his chin roughly. How do I get myself into these things, he thought and his mind drifted back to the start of this mess, only three days ago…

No comments:

Post a Comment