LET ME COACH YOU FOR FREE!!

Friday, September 9, 2011

No one is going to do it for you



I'm always surprised at some of the responses I get when I try to bring up the topic of fitness with some people.

"Oh, you have to keep doing it."
"She or he doesn't have to work out"
"It's too expensive."
"Do you find that attractive?"

It seems that most people think (or hope) all they have to do is rub the DVD's on their bodies and, presto, perfect heath, weight, abs, etc. It doesn't work that way. It takes time, effort, sweat, soreness, and even some creative cursing at the TV! I know I've called Tony Horton, Shaun T, Chalene Johnson, and Brett Hoebel every name in the book...plus a few that aren't in the book...yet.


What I'm trying to say is this - working out, eating right, fitness, etc. - is something you have to do. No one can do it for you. Believe me, if I could pay someone to workout for me and get the same benefit, I'm there. But half the battle is the journey. Remembering where you were when you started and how you are now..thats the payoff.


Sometimes when I'm out and about in my P90X hat or shirt, someone will ask, "Do you do PX90?" (yes..PX90...it's written right on my shirt P90X but its always PX90...head shaking emote inserted). I always say "yes" but I think I'm going to start saying, "Yes, I finished P90X."


I can do a week of P90X or Insanity, or a month...but the feeling of accomplishment you get when you stick with it and complete it? Yes, I finished P90X. Yes, I finished Insanity. Yes, I finished Turbo Fire, RevAbs, Slim in 6, etc.


Think about how it felt when you did that. Think about how it will feel when you do that. You.


Because no one is going to do it for you.

Joe



No comments:

Post a Comment