LET ME COACH YOU FOR FREE!!

Monday, August 30, 2010

I Am The Shy Guy


It's true...I Am Shy.

Not debilitatingly shy. I mean if someone introduces me or if someone says something to me and such, we're off to the races and having a conversation.

I talking about the kind of shy that makes it near impossible to just walk up to someone unknown to me and just strike up a conversation! Even, "Hi, how are you? Some weather we've been having." is stuck in my throat. Odd. I wonder what I think is going to happen? I mean, I'm pleasant. I'm not Hunchback of Notre Dame ugly. I can speak intellegently on a variety of topics.

What's holding me back?

Fear, I suppose. Fear of Rejection. Fear of Failure.

Which all boils down to Fear of Nothing, really. Ah Ha! An ephifany! What's the worst that could happen? Nothing ...to me. "No" can't hurt me. Rejection? Their loss, not mine. Failure? Failing leads to success. (I was going to say that "Failure is the shadow that Success casts" but that dosen't make any sense, does it?).

So I resolve to be less shy and more outgoing.

And if Rejection and/or Failure happen to follow, what do I do?

Say, "Isn't that Interesting." and take another step forward.

Joe


No comments:

Post a Comment